Greatest Expectations

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Time flies

I just realized today that time flies even faster than I think. I actually have for some time now thought of the year as a clock which means that each month is an hour and even with that abstraction I am still amazed at the speed of it all. The eye opener for me today was while donating blood. I have been regularly donating blood for years but I have not gone in some time now. The blood bank used to call me to remind me to come every time it had been more than 4 months since my last visit. Today there was this bloodbank bus outside my school, it's the first time I've bee on their bus and I have to admit it was very cool, it's just one of those fully equipped labs on wheels. Anyways, when I got there the woman asks me if I have come before and I answer "well yeah, but not very recently, I am sure I did not come at all last year". She looks up my data and well yes I was there last in june of 2001, yes you heard it correctly 2001.
Back in the old days *cough* *cough* I always did donate on fridays (not every friday, but when I did go I picked a friday :) and the gain was twofold, the bloodbank always offered lunch on fridays (only kakes and orange juice other days) and then the getting drunk that evening would be so unpredictable, since the low tolerance.
Well I decided to not get drunk tonight, even if I donated, so my gain this time is to loose half a kilo and I actually am pondering the thought of stepping on the scale this evening to witness that. I think might actually be getting old :/ wonder if that is related to all the flown time :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home