Greatest Expectations

Sunday, March 04, 2007

technology and technology

I bought myself this awsome mac-mini in LA and after a short internet search I decided that the best way to go was to buy a standard mac-mini and then separately buy more memory and then do the installing myself (jíha). Thought it would be a fun adventure B-)
Ok, so I had the internet article describing how to do this and all the equipment (very thin putty knifes ((kíttispaða:)))) ready. The opening of the thing was actually the hardest part, medling the 2 putty knives in between the plastic sides to open it without breaking anything. I was relieved when that one was over. The rest of the work was actually removing one part at a time, starting with the DVD drive and HDD drive working my way down to the bottom because where else would the memory slot be :) The whole inside was the tightest fit possible, and each step needed to be performed with caution and of course the whole experience was fun in a nerdy kinda way.

I actually did the work very shortly after coming home from LA, couldn't wait to open my mac-mini and dive in ... and the reason I havn't blogged about it before is because the included pictures were on my phone and I just didn't feel like opening the phone and diving in for them :/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home